This program is required for certification for those wishing to teach in New York State and is strongly recommended for everyone who works with children.
This two-hour program includes:
- Study in the warning signs within a developmental and social context that relate to violence and other troubling behavior in students
- Statutes, regulations, and policies relating to a safe, nonviolent school climate
- Effective classroom management techniques and other academic supports that promote a nonviolent school climate and enhance learning
- Integration of social and problem solving skill development for student within the regular curriculum
- Intervention techniques designed to address a school violence situation
- Participation in an effective school/community referral process for students exhibiting violent behavior
Location: Memorial Hall 211
Instructor: Annette Dutchess
Date: October 2, 2013
Time: 6:00 - 8:00 pm
- Register online or print the registration form
- call 800-661-3640 or 570-662-4974
- e-mail Robin Colby
If you are unable to return this form by the deadline, please phone 570-662-4866 or 800-661-3640.